Welcome to my brand new blog! I'm going to paint you a picture and give you an idea of where I came from. Ever since I could remember, I had always been on the heavier side. Food, to me, was a way I could push my emotion aside (I had family problems and was taunted by my peers) and forgot about my troubles for a while. Food was like a quick fix; an instantaneous high. I carried this addiction with me into my teenage years, but soon after my life went down hill. To make a long story short, I became depressed and stopped eating. This went on for a while until I began seeing a therapist. Seeing a therapist made getting better a lot easier than trying to do it alone. Three years, two therapist, and one high school diploma later, I became a lot happier with life and who I was.
Summer of 2012 left as quickly as it came and I was starting my first year of college. I finally felt like I was with people who weren't completely irritating all the time; I was home. If you were a college student you probably heard of "Freshmen 15." I gained a lot of weight through the summer and during the first half of my fall semester. I weighed a whopping 227 lbs— which is the heaviest I ever weighed!— and I decided it was time to make a change. I got my act together and ended up losing 40 lbs in the course of a little under a year, but since then I've been slowly gaining weight. I really want to go back on the track of becoming healthy again.
And now i'm here, writing a post that no one will probably read, but it's okay. This blog where I wanted to go to if I ever need to rant or write about an accomplishment I've achieved (and also work on writing and grammar). If anyone does happen to read this blog I just want to say welcome again and thank you for joining me on this journey.
Things you will most likely see on this blog:
1) Weight loss journey: This is a given, but I will make weekly updates on my journey to getting healthy. That means i'll post about and not limited to: Exercise routines, healthy recipes I've discovered, insecurities i'm currently have about my body, achievements I've accomplished, recommend some rockin' music, and just talk about how i'm feeling physically and mentally. I feel like not a lot of people ever focus on mental health, but here I will try.
2) School: Being in college just really sucks sometimes. Having social anxiety really sucks too. I bet you might have guessed what about school I might blog about. I will force myself outside my comfort zone and confront some of my fears (like making friends, talking on the phone, going to work, and so on.)
3) Fashion: I've never had any decent outfits because I was so insecure about my body and how clothes would look on it, but i'm going to change that. Every week or so I plan to buy an article of clothing. I will talk about clothes, things I've bought/want to but, make up, and hair related things.
That's all for tonight, it's time to hit the hay sack. Buenos noches!
*not proof read.
Currently listening to: Demons by Imagine Dragons

No comments:
Post a Comment